It’s the last blog post of the semester! Which is crazy!! This semester has honestly been one of the most stressful but most fulfilling semesters of my entire life, and I’ve been in school since I was 6. I got married this semester! I’m graduating in April so this semester was also full of stress about my future as well! I got an internship this semester! This semester has been so, so rewarding.
But I’m here to talk about media, specifically, media and this class.
Dr. Sarah Coyne’s class has changed my life, it’s changed the life of my children, and I hope it will continue to change the lives of my brothers, sisters, parents, cousins, aunties, uncles, etc. I have learned so. Many. Things. about who I am and how I am influenced in this world. Media is not going away, we are going to have to learn how to live with it, and this class has given me tools to use to prepare to live with it.
Since I’ve gotten married, I’ve thought a lot about kids. Not that I want to have kids right now! I just got married a month ago and that seems terrifying. But, I have thought a lot about what my kids would look like, what kind of people they will be, and how I will help them become the best that they can be. I think the media will have a huge part to play in that. My mum has always been really good at mitigating the effect of media on me and my siblings without completely taking media away from us. I want to be more like her, and with the skills that this class has taught me, I know I can be. I want to be a really, really good mum.
Also, I think about the effect that all media has on me all the time. I know that my mental and emotional health is often tied to media, and I want to learn about ways to fix that. I do not want to be dependent on media, you know? It’s great, but wow real life is amazing.
In conclusion, thank you for reading my blog all semester! Thank you for looking at my weird thoughts and commenting and generally being really nice people! Thank you for being awesome classmates!
And, Dr. Coyne, if you’re reading this, thank you for changing my life. You’re amazing, truly.

I completely agree! This has been such an incredible class and i can't wait to implement what I've learned in my future family! I"m so nervous because by the time my kids are growing up, there will be even newer media to worry about. It's such a huge thing in our lives that is constantly changing. It's hard to keep up with, but I feel like this class has given me ways to keep up and be mindful about the media I use!
ReplyDeleteLove the wildflower picture and congrats on getting married! I agree, it can be exciting/scary to think about how to raise kids someday. I'm grateful for classes like this that help prepare us!
ReplyDelete