Skip to main content

week nine

 This week I had a little party with my relatives, and media played a big part in it. On Friday night, I watched the Secret of Moonacre and the Hannah Montana Movie!

Friday night was an unofficial bachelorette party that consisted of my little sisters (I have three), my little cousins (I have six), and my aunty and my mum. Basically, we just got together and prepared the water bottles for the reception, did our nails, and tinted our eyelashes all while talking about marriage and grade school and everything in between. We watch the Secret of Moonacre, which was way trippy and I’m going to be real, I did not really enjoy it. I think the reason why I loved it so much as a kid is because I was able to believe in the fantasy and it was easier to suspend disbelief. However, now it just seems ridiculous and very badly acted to me. It was strange that such an important movie to me has turned into something that I do not understand or enjoy. Has that ever happened to you? Has a childhood movie turned into something that you no longer enjoy?

Hannah Montana: The Movie | Disney Movies


But on the other side, we also watched the Hannah Montana Movie on Disney Channel. When I was a kid, I was obsessed with Hannah Montana. I would play the online games, I would watch it every week, and I knew all the songs from the movie. Also, I was in love with the idea of a secret pop star, it was awesome! But I haven’t watched this movie for maybe ten years. It was pretty wild though! I knew every word to every song. I guess some things are so ingrained into your memory that you never forget them. Does anyone else have something like that? Something that you have always remembered? It could be a song or a movie, but when you put it on you just know every line or every lyric?


Media holds so many memories. 



Comments

  1. It has been such a long time since I have watched the Hannah Montana Movie! Maybe I should watch it this weekend. It is crazy how we can remember such small details from things when we were young!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

week four

  This week was hard, it was so busy and so packed with so many details that I still don’t know if I’ve done everything I should have. You know what I mean? I feel like I make list after to-do list that I need to follow, but I always feel like my lists are incomplete, like I’m always missing something.  It makes it so easy for insecurities to creep in, like a little voice whispering "you aren't good enough, you can't do this" Have you guys ever felt like that? I wanted to talk about folklore again, Taylor Swift’s most recent album, but specifically the 15 th   song, peace.   This song is beautiful, I truly love it so much. It talks about a girl that is just settling down into what her role in this life will be, but she still is worried about how she will never give the person that she loves peace. I think Taylor is trying to talk about how her status as a celebrity, an incredibly popular and sometimes hated celebrity, will never allow her lover to have peace. She tal...

week two

  I watched the first half of the extended edition fellowship of the ring last night. I can’t tell you the absolute SEROTONIN that rushes into me whenever I hear the opening chorus of the soundtrack, or when Bilbo starts explaining hobbits, I really can’t express how much I adore the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Oh, it’s so flawed. However, it’s flawed in such a darling way. It tells the story of Frodo Baggins, an unassuming hobbit (tiny person with big feet, super adorable) that sets out to deliver the Ring of power to Mt Doom. Basically, he needs to destroy it. It’s so interesting to watch this movie again, and I feel like every time I re-watch it, I realize different aspects that I hadn’t noticed before.  I also love the soundtrack the movie uses. Whenever there is a moment where Frodo is feeling homesick, or he’s trying to sacrifice something, or he’s having a moment with Sam, the same song always comes on. It’s actually included in a larger song, called the Breaking of the ...

week eight

This week was c r a z y!!! I moved into my parents house again because everyone I knew was suddenly testing positive, and I have an endowment + sealing appointment that is coming up fast. Therefore, I’m in Logan, Utah instead of Provo. And I left my fiancé in Provo. It’s all very tragic, of course lol But for reals, do you guys have a person that it hurts to be away from? He’s been in quarantine all this week, and I’ve been chilling in logan, so we haven’t physically been in each other’s presence for so so long (read: literally only four days but this h u r t s). I can’t explain it properly, or in a way that sounds altogether rational. He’s just so amazing, and I miss him always. I miss holding his hand and laughing at dumb tik toks with him, and I miss his hugs and how cute he is, and everything just sucks, you know?  But hey, lucky for media! We’ve facetimed every day and talked about everything over text and calls with each other. It’s so comforting to know that even though I am...