I got married last week! It was the happiest day of my life, by far. I love my new husband (IT’S SO EXCITING THAT I CAN SAY THAT NOW IT’S C R A Z Y) so much and I have been enjoying every day with him, and it's kind of insane how I now get to live with my best friend! Plus he’s an amazing cook and he’s hilarious and he likes the Mandalorian and we are just on vibe mode at all times. It’s incredible.
Marriage: 11/10 recommend it.
That being said, I wanted to comment on the media at my wedding, and how it played a part in the whole affair. I think I’ve established this by now in my previous blog posts, but music is very important to me. It’s so dumb but it really, really is. I love it a lot. For that reason, my wedding song has always been something that I have debated on, my wedding song choices have varied for my whole life. Also, the first dance with my new husband is such a romantic concept to me as well, it’s the part of the reception that I looked forward to the most, for sure.
That being said, I decided to let my new husband (I CAN’T BELIEVE I GOT MARRIED TO THE BEST PERSON EVER) choose the wedding song, because as important as it was to me, it’s also so important to him. He’s like me, he adores music. I felt like I was making all the decisions about the wedding (the flowers, the cake, the venue, the colors, etc) so I decided to give him the music.
He did not disappoint.
He chose a song that has been around for our full relationship, a song that he has sung to me so many times and the song that I listened to during quarantine when I couldn’t see him. He chose the best song possible. As we danced, I really tried to not cry, but alas I am too much of a simp for him and I cried a bunch. It was so beautiful.
I think it’s amazing how media, specifically music, can bring such powerful and wonderful emotions to the forefront, and how it can just make a moment perfect, you know?
I love this life and the music that is in it!
And I love my husband (I LITERALLY AM SO HAPPY THAT I CAN CALL HIM THAT NOW)
What was your wedding song? Or, what wedding song are you planning on?

This is so sweet! I'm so so glad you're so happy, and that your wedding was so beautiful and you love your husband so much! You sound so happy :)
ReplyDeleteI just got married at the end of August, so not quite 3 months ago? Music really is so powerful! Our first dance song was All Your Love, by Dustin Tebbutt.
Ahh I love this. Marriage is so happy and I love when people share that happiness with everyone. Music really is so powerful and so integral to emotion (in my opinion). It can send so many messages. My husband and I also used a song that we had through our whole relationship, it was the first song he played for me on the piano. It was "Perfect" by the Piano Guys.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Marriage truly is the best. I am so glad that you were able to make memories on your wedding day that you will never forget. The day after our wedding on the plane flying to Mexico my husband and I wrote down every little detail we wanted to make sure we didn't forget from our wedding day. It is so fun to look back on! If you haven't already, I recommend writing down together things you can remember!
ReplyDeleteMarriage is awesome! I got married 6 months ago and it was kinda difficult with the pandemic just starting but I was still able to get my first dance with my husband. It was Honeybee by the Head and the Heart and it is a song that really encompassed our marriage and relationship. Whenever I hear it I get emotional now and feel grateful to be married to my husband.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! I love that song!!! I never even considered it as a wedding song but ahhhh I'm listening to it again and wow it's so perfect for a wedding! And it makes me even happier that it's your wedding song and awww Joanna I'm so, so glad you're happy!
DeleteSeriously this is so cute! Congratulations on your wedding! Music is such a huge part of life and I love that you two were able to share that beautiful moment together with your wedding song. I hope that you are just loving your first weeks of marriage!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! My Husband and I celebrated our first anniversary in September, it is crazy how fast the time goes! I love music as well, especially the memories that are correlated with songs. We chose "say you won't let go" because it was the first song we ever danced to as a couple. Funny story, during our first dance at our wedding the speaker caught on fire!! The song stopped and it was so awkward hahahah. but my friend came to the rescue and played the song from her phone into the microphone lol.
ReplyDelete